Expert and affordable Fibromyalgia treatment that works. Get your life back.
Fibromyalgia is a complex disease in which both genetics and environmental factors play a role.
For a better understanding, here are some basic facts about Fibromyalgia and its symptoms:
- Fibromyalgia afflicts eight to twelve million people in this country alone. It does not discriminate by gender or age, although it predominately affects women between the ages of 35 and 54. It has been found to be genetic, affecting children and the elderly, both male and female alike.
- Fibromyalgia is a complex disease that involves multi-system disturbances and abnormalities. Because of this complexity, these conditions have been poorly treated by the current eight to fifteen minute visits that address only a portion of the wide spectrum of underlying dysfunctions.
- Diagnosis is difficult. Currently there is no one medical test that will clearly diagnose Fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is based on patient history and tender point sensitivity. “Tender Points” refer to 18 points on the body in which extreme sensitivity may occur in at least 11. Tender point sensitivity, as well as a history of widespread chronic body pain for at least 3 months, provides the most definitive diagnosis at this time. Other symptoms relating to a diagnosis are listed below.
- There is no one underlying cause of Fibromyalgia. Research is ongoing, but there is agreement that Fibromyalgia patients have an enhanced pain sensitivity and response originating from the central nervous system. Traumatic illness or injury may trigger the disease. Additional research is continuing to determine other factors that may lead to the development of Fibromyalgia including: genetics, environment, autoimmune dysfunction, nutritional deficiencies and connective tissue disease.
- Frequency, degree and location of pain vary from day to day. Any given day a Fibromyalgia patient’s level of discomfort may range from mild muscle stiffness to extreme, radiating pain so severe they feel completely debilitated and unable to carry out simple activities.
- Most treatment is focused on managing the symptoms. The severity of Fibromyalgia varies from person to person and day to day, therefore, the treatment plan should be individualized. The patient, the physician and our team must be focused, determined and dedicated to regaining control and manage the condition.
- A well-rounded management program is important. This may include: nutritional counselling, conditioning, exercise programs and lifestyle changes. Alternative therapies such as acupressure and massage, stress management and relaxation techniques may be considered.
- Support from family and friends are critical. Understanding Fibromyalgia and having the emotional support of those closest to you can make a tremendous difference in your outcome.
Common symptoms of Fibromyalgia include:
- Flu-like pain that can be severe and constant
- A constant feeling of exhaustion
- Specific tender points that hurt
- Overall body aches
- Muscle stiffness and pain
- Insomnia or other sleep disorders
- Extreme fatigue
- Depression not caused by a trauma or event, but by chronic discomfort
- Cognitive problems, often called “brain fog”
- Reoccurring headaches
- Multiple reoccurring infections
- Irritable bowel syndrome
By taking a patient-centric, holistic (meaning treating the whole body, not just the symptoms) approach to treatment we have achieved an over 90% success rate in helping patients get their lives back! Our treatment approach looks at not only relieving symptoms, but addressing the underlying etiologies that cause those symptoms.
About our Affordable Treatment Program…
Through the years we have found that cost is often a major issue when a patient is deciding on proper medical treatment for Fibromyalgia. We have discovered that there is a lot more to the cost issue than simply the price of various treatments. Often patients waste a lot of time and money because they do not have the necessary information to make an optimal decision. Our understanding of the underlying issues causing Fibromyalgia has enabled us to address these issues.
Our experience shows that there are 3 major barriers preventing people from getting proper treatment.
We call these barriers the “3 C’s”
Confusion exists because very few doctors (and patients) understand this complicated ailment. “Mainstream” doctors have a limited understanding because they don’t have the time or impetus to learn about it. In terms of treatment, a 5 to 10 minute office visit affords them the time to prescribe a prescription drug that may or may not cover up a portion of a patient’s symptoms. On the other hand, most integrative and holistic practitioners have a better grasp of the underlying issues associated with fibromyalgia, but their treatment protocols are often disjointed and typically only solve a few pieces of the puzzle. We have done extensive research and have years of experience. This alleviates the confusion involved in choosing treatment. We have a clear, proven, individualized, comprehensive protocol that overcomes the confusion barrier.
Credibility is always an issue as most patients have been through “the mill” and have been bounced around to many different doctors with conflicting opinions, often times over many years. They frequently don’t know who or what to believe. We spend time explaining the underlying causes of this debilitating condition so as to remove the confusion. We have spent many years researching and formulating our protocol for maximum effectiveness and ease of compliance. We have a proven 90% success rate! That’s unsurpassed credibility! Our patient testimonials prove it.
Cost is the biggest issue and often the hardest to overcome. The typical medical insurance model forces physicians to increase patient volume in order for their business model to work. This inevitably compromises patient care. In order to properly address complicated medical problems a qualified physician must spend adequate time to address all the issues involved with diagnosis, treatment and ongoing care. For this reason we don’t participate in any insurance programs. This allows us the freedom to act in the patient’s best interest.
Even though we do not accept insurance, we have addressed the cost issue with our Affordable Treatment program. If you have health insurance, your blood lab work will be covered under the terms of your policy. For office visits, we will provide you with an invoice with the proper treatment codes which you can submit to your insurer for reimbursement.
If you do not have health insurance, we can arrange for discounted lab services for blood lab work. We also have the expertise to work out an individualized treatment program with your budget in mind. We offer no interest financing and will work with you to develop payment structures that meet your individual needs.